shibboleth-dev - RE: Shibboleth 2.0 authentication API

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shibboleth 2.0 authentication API

  • From: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • Subject: RE: Shibboleth 2.0 authentication API
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:38:54 +0100

I'm trying to ascertain what would be involved in writing a handler that
could consume a SAML authentication assertion in order to authenticate a
user.

I read that "[t]he incoming request to the handler will contain the SAML
2 authentication request representing this request"; I am struggling to
understand what a SAML 2 authentication request representing a SAML 2
authentication assertion would look like.

Is this something that could be achieved without too much pain?

josh.