shibboleth-dev - Re: SAML 1 Default Attribute namespace

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SAML 1 Default Attribute namespace

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 1 Default Attribute namespace
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:19:19 -0400

On 3/21/07, Chad La Joie

The question is
what do we use for the second part
(Attribute[@AttributeNamespace]).
The current Shibboleth URI namespace is defined to mean that the
attribute name will be a URI and people are almost certainly not going
to define their attribute IDs like that so this namespace does not apply

This is where I'm not following you. Are attribute names URIs in
general, or not? If not, can you give an example? Maybe you could
give a complete <saml:Attribute> example that illustrates your point?

I'm looking at the MACE-Dir SAML Attribute Profiles spec and there
doesn't seem to be any flexibility with respect to AttributeNamespace.
Will Shib 2.0 implement this spec?

Thanks,
Tom