shibboleth-dev - RE: RHEL5

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: RHEL5

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: RHEL5
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:44:06 -0400

> will there be any official RHEL5 binary rpm's available in the near
> future?

From me? Probably not until the next patch unless I end up upgrading here
quicker than expected. Asusming CentOS 5 is available anyway, as I have no
access to actual Red Hat and I'm not touching any OS that requires I manage
any licenses just to get updates.

Of course, announcing isn't shipping. It's not out yet. CentOS usually takes
a few weeks to do a version after RH ships.

> RHEL5 comes with yum. Are there any plans to support a compatible
> repository (and thus very simple and automatic updating)?

I won't "support" it if it means ongoing work for me. If it's a onetime
effort, somebody else is welcome to do it.

> If help is needed, it may be useful to combine some efforts here.

Help is always needed.

-- Scott

  • RHEL5, Velpi, 03/15/2007
    • RE: RHEL5, Scott Cantor, 03/15/2007