shibboleth-dev - Re: IPv6 support

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IPv6 support

  • From: Lukas Haemmerle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IPv6 support
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:22:53 +0100

Scott Cantor wrote:
>> We had a look at that sometime last year. The only issue we encountered
>> had to do with the checkAddress="true" setting. If this setting was
>> enabled, you could run into problems when the user used and IPv6 IP to
>> authenticate at the IdP and an IPv4 IP to access the SP host or vice
>> versa. In these cases, the IP address in the assertion of course doesn't
>> match the IP address seen at the SP, which results in an error.
>
> That's of course not an IPv6 issue, it happens all the time with v4 alone.

Yup :)

> So I guess you're saying that in fact, the code works fine now with IPv6?
> Including SOAP callbacks?

Yes, as far as I remember, we also had an IPv6-only test scenario where
user, SP and IdP used an IPv6 address. So, one can assume that this works.

Lukas

--
------- SWITCH - The Swiss Education & Research Network ------
Lukas Haemmerle Security http://www.switch.ch/

Tel: +41 44 268 15 64 Fax: +41 44 253 98 98