shibboleth-dev - RE: IdP discovery protocol news

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: IdP discovery protocol news

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: IdP discovery protocol news
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:21:38 -0500

> On initial reading it seems quite reasonable and rather easy to support,
> will be interested to see the mentioned additions below you speak about
> from the vendor and the second draft.

The changes are fairly minor, just suggestions to allow a default value for
returnIDParam, defaulting the return location using metadata, and a small
extension point in case others want to experiment with different or more
complicated selection criteria, like returning a list of IdPs instead of
just one.

As for simplicity, I think Rod already implemented a draft of it in the WAYF
code, minus the metadata support.