shibboleth-dev - Metadata and trust documentation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Metadata and trust documentation

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Metadata and trust documentation
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:41:21 -0500

At the I2MM working group session, I promised that documentation would be
forthcoming on all of the metadata and trust work, both the current stuff
and the expected 2.0 stuff.

The root of the material is here:
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/ShibbolethMetada
taProfile

The trust implementations are introduced here:
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/TrustEngine
and fully documented off of that.

To the best of my knowledge, it's correct and exhaustive. People building
tools should be able to depend on it being fairly stable at this point.

I don't have info on encryption yet, but it's probably going to be pretty
simple; in a nutshell, if you don't use the basic/explicitkey plugins (i.e.
no real PKI), there won't be any.