shibboleth-dev - ProtectNetwork privacy controls

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

ProtectNetwork privacy controls

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To: "Shibboleth Development" <>
  • Subject: ProtectNetwork privacy controls
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:01:43 -0500

I just accessed a shib-enabled resource using my new ProtectNetwork
account. After I logged in, I received the following confirmation
page from ProtectNetwork:

-----------------------------
ProtectNetwork Authentication Successful

You have been successfully authenticated at ProtectNetwork.
The site you are trying to access has identified itself as:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/shibboleth
This site will receive the following information about you:
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Scavo
LOA: LOA-1
Username: trscavo

If you agree to release this information, click on "Accept and Continue"
below.

I'm impressed. This is a tremendous step in the right direction, I
think. Kudos to ProtectNetwork.

Tom