shibboleth-dev - Change exchanged attribute names

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Change exchanged attribute names

  • From: "Antonio Iossa" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: Change exchanged attribute names
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:31:03 +0200

Hi all!

Is it possible set up an IDP so that the name of the attributes that it releases is different from the name of the attributes gets from an LDAP server?

For example, I would change the name of the attribute named urn:mace:dir:attribute-def:givenName  (defined for a node in the LDAP server configured for an IDP ) in such a way that the attribute name released to the SP is different, for example myGivenName.

I need this mapping to define an uniform set of attributes name exchanged Federation entity.

Thanks all,

Antonio

“Il presente messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono di natura confidenziale. Qualora vi fosse pervenuto per errore, vi preghiamo di cancellarlo immediatamente dal vostro sistema e di avvisare il mittente. Grazie.”

“This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete the E-mail and either notify the sender. Thank you.”

  • Change exchanged attribute names, Antonio Iossa, 10/25/2006