shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth 2.0 Functionality Update

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth 2.0 Functionality Update

  • From: Bernd Oberknapp <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth 2.0 Functionality Update
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 23:22:04 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:22:06 +0200

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Nate Klingenstein wrote:

> We'd like to share details on the progress that's been made in recent
> architectural discussions about Shibboleth 2.0 and its impact on
> implementation. I've updated the ShibTwoRoadmap Wiki topic with new
> content.
> These details are presented as comparisons to the functionality in
> Shibboleth
> 1.3. We highly encourage feedback and suggestions that you may have as you
> read this list. If you have any questions about the details, please don't
> hesitate to ask.
>
> https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/ShibTwoRoadmap

Will the "new technical proposal for using the WAYF as a discovery
service that routes back to the SP for proper generation of requests"
be based on using SessionInitiators? If so, will it be possible to
include the SessionInitiators in the metadata?

What happened to the IdP extensions to support ShARPE and Autograph? Are
they included in the Attribute Resolver and ARP engine enhancements?

Best regards,
Bernd

Dipl.-Math. Bernd Oberknapp Universitaetsbibliothek Freiburg
Tel: +49-761 / 203-3852 Werthmannplatz 2 | Postfach 1629
Fax: +49-761 / 203-3987 79098 Freiburg | 79016 Freiburg