shibboleth-dev - non-web services integration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

non-web services integration

  • From: giacomo tenaglia <>
  • To:
  • Subject: non-web services integration
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:22:56 +0200

Hi,
I'm an italian computer science student and I'm working on a thesis
project about SSO in digital library environment, for services such as
document delivery, inter-library loan, and a p2p document-oriented
file-sharing program.

I've decided to use Shibboleth and I'm setting up a testing environment
between web services.. and I'm wondering how to integrate the p2p one.
I've figured out some different ways to achieve this:

- simply interoperate with the web browser, but it's too much
application-dependent
- use GridShib, but maybe it's too "big" for my purposes
- integrate Shibboleth SP specs into the file-sharing program (it's
written in Java), but the cookie problem persists

Do you have any suggestion ?

TIA and sorry for my english.

--
giacomo tenaglia