shibboleth-dev - CVS to SVN Migration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

CVS to SVN Migration

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: CVS to SVN Migration
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:42:18 -0400

As some of you may know, we've been using a Subversion server to house the new OpenSAML 2 code. To date I'd say the developers have been very happy with it. Our plan has been to migrate the current Shibboleth CVS repositories to Subversion as well. We are currently planning on moving the *Java* IdP/WAYF code on Wednesday, June 21st. Write access will be locked out at 7 a.m. (EDT) and I'll begin doing the move around 1 p.m. after we have taken backups and performed final configuration items.

Information on using Subversion can be found on the Subversion website (subversion.tigris.org) or, if you use Eclipse, you may find these directions helpful:
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/OSTwoDevManJavaSetup

All history, branches, and tags will be moved over. Our current plan is to create three repositories. A read-only snapshot of the current repository, a read/write copy that will eventually contain only the IdP code and a read/write copy that will eventually contain on the WAYF code. In addition, a new, empty, repository will be created for the to-be-developed Java SP.

Here are the URLs for the new repositories:

SVN Root URL:
https://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/[MODULE]

Web View URL:
http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view?root=[MODULE]

Where [MODULE] is:
java-idp - For the IdP code
java-wayf - For the WAYF code
java-sp - For the Java SP code (this will be empty)
java-cvs-snapshot - For the read-only snapshot

An immediate benefit individuals will see is that updates made by the developers will be immediately available to anonymous users; no more lag time while the read/write store is synced to the anonymous read store.

If you have any questions regarding this move please send them to the list and I'll answer them as soon as I can (I'll be in meetings most of Monday). Further information will follow on the plans to move the C++ SP and the Java and C++ OpenSAML 1.X code.
--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124