shibboleth-dev - question about IdPResponder.java

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

question about IdPResponder.java

  • From: David G Mills <>
  • To:
  • Cc: David G Mills <>
  • Subject: question about IdPResponder.java
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:40:32 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I'm using form based authentication and JSP to authenticate a user's login
details via a RADIUS server, only once the user has been authenticated I
can't leapfrog back into to the main IdP process of generating the
Authentication Assertion. I was hoping there was some way to call or
trigger the doGet() method described within IdPResponder.java from a JSP
page.

My assumption is that the page is already running in the IdPResponder
servlet, that it's been initialised and all I need to do is call the
doGet() however I'm obviously mistaken as I know you're not meant
access this directly and if I do try to I get an "HTTP method GET is
not supported by this URL" error message.

I'm hoping someone here can suggest a way of doing what I want to, or
alternatively describe another way of generating the Authentication
Assertion.

Thanks,

---
David G Mills
School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
+44 (0)23 8059 4490