shibboleth-dev - Re: bug? - multiple <AnyValue> statements

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: bug? - multiple <AnyValue> statements

  • From: Will Norris <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: bug? - multiple <AnyValue> statements
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:29:03 -0400

doh! I forgot there is an implicit maxOccurs=1. Guess I need to play with XML Schema more. *sigh*

On Apr 25, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Will Norris wrote:

I just came across this while working on our ARP Constraint stuff -- there appears to be some weirdness in how multiple <AnyValue> statements defined for a single attribute are handled. The marshall () method for Attribute looks for one and only one <AnyValue> element, even though the schema allows more than one. If there are zero or more than one, they are all skipped over. So in the following, neither <AnyValue> would be evaluated...

<Attribute name="urn:mace:dir:attribute-def:uid">
<AnyValue release="accept" />
<AnyValue release="accept" />
</Attribute>

So the question is, is it valid to have more than one <AnyValue> statement? If not, then the schema is incorrect. If it is valid, then the Attribute marshall() method isn't handling them properly. can someone please verify that?

-will