shibboleth-dev - Remember all that portal and delegation stuff?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Remember all that portal and delegation stuff?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: Remember all that portal and delegation stuff?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:26:36 -0400

The Liberty ID-WSF 2.0 specs are nearing completion and I was able to get
permission with the assistance of Paul Madsen to place a copy of the RC3
drafts on the Wiki site.

They are "semi-public" but to keep them out of google's hands, I've blocked
access to them unless you're logged into the Wiki, so direct links will just
result in denial.

I have begun to flesh out some background material here:

http://tinyurl.com/mkpst

The related topics include some overview material and a bit of a roadmap to
the more interesting specs.

By the Internet2 meeting, I hope to replace some of the older portal
discussions with some new material outlining why these specs essentially do
all the things that people wanted us to define ourselves. I worked on some
of this material precisely to avoid having to do that.

As the topic makes clear, this is not Shibboleth 2.0, nor any kind promise
for 2.1 or anything else. It's a discussion point.

I would suggest that any questions be made in Wiki comments or in discussion
on shibboleth-dev, rather than the general user list.

-- Scott

  • Remember all that portal and delegation stuff?, Scott Cantor, 04/13/2006