shibboleth-dev - RE: Keberos redirection at WAYF

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Keberos redirection at WAYF

  • From: "caleb racey" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Keberos redirection at WAYF
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:35:58 +0100

Hi josh

That is very interesting work

We would certainly be interested in any further info or developments.

We have produced guides for shib + Pubcookie + kerb against Active directory
see the kerb section of
http://iamsect.ncl.ac.uk/deliverables/docs/pubcookie_install/ar01s02.html#id2529665

We did have problems upgrading to using AD 2003 from 2000 as it changes when
it uses TCP instead of UDP to represent large tickets (produced when the user
is in many groups or has a large domain) and this bafflesx most default unix
kerb clients, we also had problems with the default enctype chewing up 8 bit
characters like "£" in passwords.

We would be more than happy to test these issues on the wayf, do you have any
docs on how to configure "Kerberos cross-realm trust must exist between each
IdP and the WAYF"