shibboleth-dev - Re: Subclipse and Eclipse 3.2M5 incompatible

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Subclipse and Eclipse 3.2M5 incompatible

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Chad La Joie <>
  • Subject: Re: Subclipse and Eclipse 3.2M5 incompatible
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:17:28 +0000

Chad La Joie wrote:

Ian, thanks for the info, I was actually considering making the switch soon, glad I didn't. :)

Subclipse, recently, hasn't been to far behind the curve of Eclipse releases so hopefully they'll track down whatever API change caused this and get it fixed soon.

This has indeed come to pass. The latest rev of subclipse (0.9.107,
24 February 2006) fixes this problem for me:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/subclipse/changes.html

Incidentally, Eclipse 3.2M5 was re-spun yesterday to give better backwards compatibility with certain other plug-ins. So, if you've downloaded the old one but not yet installed it, its probably worth getting 3.2M5a instead. I haven't noticed any other issues with 3.2M5 myself.

-- Ian