shibboleth-dev - RE: Feature request for metadatatool

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Feature request for metadatatool

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Feature request for metadatatool
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:01:29 -0500

> Is that at the level of a general intention, or is anything specific
planned
> as yet?

I don't know what Chad is planning to implement initially, but some kind of
caching store to separate the resolution process from the "use" of the
metadata where some kind of dynamic lookup could be added. Merging entities
is nearly impossible, though.

> Also, are you thinking in terms of something built on top of the use of
> https: URLs as entity names (per the SAML 2.0 metadata spec), or is that
> also still open?

I don't know. I have a hard time understanding how metadata can be
self-published without a third party signing it, at which point there's no
advantage to self-publishing it.