shibboleth-dev - Fwd: Clarification on the endorsed xml libraries

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Fwd: Clarification on the endorsed xml libraries

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Shibboleth Developers <>
  • Subject: Fwd: Clarification on the endorsed xml libraries
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:01:27 -0600

Begin forwarded message:

From: Walter Hoehn
<>
Date: December 7, 2005 9:59:45 AM CST
To: "Ramanathan, Subbu"
<>
Subject: Re: Clarification on the endorsed xml libraries

The xml-related jar files included with the Shibboleth IdP 1.3c are just the latest release of Apache XercesJ as of the time we cut our own release. The Shibboleth IdP uses the JAXP API, so it will "run" under JDK 1.5 with the default libraries. The problem, however, is that those libraries contained a memory leak as of the time of our release. Our solution for the average user was to supply a library that we felt would work reliably. Beyond this, feel free to use whatever JAXP library works for you...

-Walter