shibboleth-dev - Re: client certificate chains and 1.3 IdP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: client certificate chains and 1.3 IdP

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To: Walter Hoehn <>
  • Cc: Scott Cantor <>,
  • Subject: Re: client certificate chains and 1.3 IdP
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:54:24 +0100

Walter Hoehn wrote:

The IdP trust module definitely allows anchoring with non-self-signed certificates. This is correct behavior according to PKIX. I believe that Scott worked around the OpenSSL limitations in 1.3 so that both code-based behave the same, but I'll let him confirm that.

Sounds like I'd still need to worry about this if I had 1.2 SPs around (which I do). Fair enough, as long as having the extra junk around does no harm which it sounds like it won't.

-- Ian