shibboleth-dev - RE: Beta miscellany

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Beta miscellany

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>
  • Cc: "'Shibboleth Development'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Beta miscellany
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:39:33 -0400

> Can you give a pointer to "gss-nego SOAP authn"?

curl supports SP-NEGO for Microsoft web servers (reverse engineered it), so
if you build libcurl with it and have a server that supports it, the
password will be somehow more protected than just basic-auth. I don't know
much about SP-NEGO at the protocol level. I just implemented everything curl
supports.

> > - Fixed a bug that expired attributes too early when pushed
> with authn
>
> Is there documentation re the new attribute push feature?

Artifact defaults to push, POST not, and there's a forceAttributePush flag
that overrides the default behavior. Probably will be a singleAssertion flag
coming to force use of one instead of two.