shibboleth-dev - Re: Shib 1.3 configuration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shib 1.3 configuration

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Tom Scavo <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: Shib 1.3 configuration
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 00:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Tom Scavo wrote:

Yes, I know, but the main reason is that example.edu is not one of the reserved domains.

It's not really relevant to the rest of the discussion, but I don't know what your evidence is that example.edu isn't reserved. A DNS lookup on it gives an information-free answer (not an error), which to me implies it's registered but contains no data, which is pretty much what reserved means. We can ask the registrar easily enough what they think about it, and suggest that they do reserve it if it isn't, but it looks to me like it already is.

- RL "Bob"