shibboleth-dev - Re: SP and certs

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SP and certs

  • From: Alistair Young <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Development' <>
  • Subject: Re: SP and certs
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:21:20 +0100

I've got +ExportCertData turned on in apache's ssl.conf but my understanding of what the SP does is very vague. There's no https involved at the SP as far as the browser is concerned. It gets redirected to the wayf, then the IdP and then the SP does an ssl connection to the AA.

Only if mod_ssl exports the cert to the environment
the local SP environment? the AA is remote though

there's also the clientAuth setting in tomcat to contend with - I suspect it doesn't populate javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate unless it's set to true but that then causes the entire server to demand client certs, which I don't want.

sorry if I sound confused - I am!

thanks,
Alistair