shibboleth-dev - New Java Build

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

New Java Build

  • From: "Howard Gilbert" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: New Java Build
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:15:39 -0400

After some research, it appears that interactive Ant is not available in Eclipse 3.0.x. It is a feature planned for 3.1, but in the current 3.1M7 milestone it does not appear to have been implemented correctly (or I am just missing the mechanism for input). So for now, you have to run Ant from an external command line prompt.

Once you have input all the parameters, it is annoying to have to go back through the prompts, even if you can take all the defaults. However, I do not find a completely batch target to rerun the last set of choices. Given the overall flow, there should be interactive targets that change properties (including build.properties) and non-interactive targets that operate on new/old value of the properties that may have been set by a previous interactive component or may have accepted the previous values.

Then after one pass with the command line, the build can be rerun from Eclipse without interactivity.

The name "idp.xml.dist" should be "dist.idp.xml". The file extension should reflect the type of data. With the current naming convention, none of the tools automatically recognize *.dist as an XML file, so they bring up the wrong editors.