shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib SP 1.2.1a on IIS - Wrong mapping of Attributes to HTTP Headers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib SP 1.2.1a on IIS - Wrong mapping of Attributes to HTTP Headers

  • From: Patrik Schnellmann <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>,
  • Subject: RE: Shib SP 1.2.1a on IIS - Wrong mapping of Attributes to HTTP Headers
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:57:41 +0100 (CET)

Hi Scott,

I'm really happy you tracked down the problem so quickly. Thanks!

Sorry, but it's an IIS bug, as I claimed. ;-)
Of course, I shouldn't have assumed that IIS does its job right. ...and therefore thinking of a bug in the Shib ISAPI filter.

The order in which the two headers are set is important. Setting the header with the shorter name first would be a workaround. But I guess the order of the Attributes in the SAML message cannot be influenced.

Waiting (for how long?) for the next Servicepack for IIS should also solve the problem.

Patrik