shibboleth-dev - Can target and origin be installed on the same server?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Can target and origin be installed on the same server?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Can target and origin be installed on the same server?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:58:20 -0500

Hi,
I am new the Shibboleth. I am a consultant that is tasked with
investigating and setting a Shibboleth environment.

We are going to be a service provider. We already have the "target"
installed on a Linux box running apache. The test application works fine.

I would like to set up a working prototype on the same box. I am assuming
that I will need to install the "origin" somewhere. I really do not have
another server to work with. I was hoping that I could install that on the
same server.

Can I do this? Are there any quirks that I need to look out for?

Also, are there any tutorials or examples of setting up a prototype?

Thanks.

Tom Diecidue