shibboleth-dev - RE: change to tests in the shib IdP Install checklist.....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: change to tests in the shib IdP Install checklist.....

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: change to tests in the shib IdP Install checklist.....
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:11:23 -0500

> I was thinking of suggesting that people type something like this to
> make sure that they've correctly configured the SSL support into
> apache:
>
> curl -L --key "../shibboleth.key" --cert "../shibboleth.crt" --cacert
> "../shibboleth.crt" https://stc-linux.cis.brown.edu:8443/jsp-examples

I don't think this will work if the certificate isn't self-signed. I would
think you either need to have the actual CA in that file, or you'd need to
use -k to just disable the check.

If it works, I need to look at the code because I couldn't get my code to
work that way without overriding more of openssl than libcurl does.

> (Note: I'm not sure why the -L is needed, but this doesn't seem to
> work for me without it....)

-L just says to follow redirects. It should work either way, but you're
getting back an empty body with a Location header. I would use -I instead
and just invoke a HEAD request. You could also pass the command to dump the
server response headers, don't recall what it is. But that's shorter output.