shibboleth-dev - SHIB design call -- (10/25), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

SHIB design call -- (10/25), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

  • From:
  • To: <>
  • Cc: Mark Earnest <>, "Derek Morr" <>
  • Subject: SHIB design call -- (10/25), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:21:39 -0400

Phone #: (800) 541-1710
Pin #: 0142203

UPDATED Agenda:

1) Any outstanding Issues?
-- status of v1.2.1 release

2) Discussion of issues related to merging Howard's java target code into the shib cvs.

3) Discussion of LionShare - SAML issue -- how should LS do trust validation? (detail to follow)

4) Confirm consensus from discussion of packaging a few weeks ago. Here's Nate's summary:

Steven requested I enumerate the decisions that were reached as part of the documentation discussion on Monday's dev call. This is a list of several points of consensus that I thought were reached; correction, further ideas and input as I structure the documentation for Shibboleth 1.3 are always welcome.

1) Change the default packaging of the IdP to utilize Ant and an externalized configuration directory.

2) Generalize the checklist to handle a wider variety of deployment environments and factor out InQueue.

3) Expand the checklist to generate metadata requests automatically and perhaps even some parts of configuration files based on values input. Eventually, move this functionality to a wizard-like front-end IdP configuration GUI.

4) Move away from the localhost default installation by making a suitably automated test federation(InSecure) available, probably hosted(and very lightly operated) by Internet2, maybe using code donated by Arkansas. Initial discussions with the technical crew of Internet2 have been encouraging.

5) Break the current origin deploy guide into concepts and configuration information, replacing installation with the modified checklist.

6) Regroup the configuration information into broader concepts; perhaps top-level categories become "Attributes", "Credentials", etc., or instead become "origin.xml Configuration Elements", "resolver.xml Configuration Elements".

Thanks,
Nate.