shibboleth-dev - Warning for target builds: avoid Xerces 2.6.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Warning for target builds: avoid Xerces 2.6.0

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: Warning for target builds: avoid Xerces 2.6.0
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:38:01 -0400

This is a friendly warning. A problem has surfaced with the handling of
base64 information in the 2.6.0 C++ parser that was released recently. As it
stands, using this version will break the Shibboleth implementation. The
source builds, but you will get XML errors at runtime using it, pretty much
across the whole implementation.

I don't know what the workaround is going to be yet, if any, to get it
working. I don't like freezing on an older release, but I don't have a
choice for the time being.

-- Scott

  • Warning for target builds: avoid Xerces 2.6.0, Scott Cantor, 10/12/2004