shibboleth-dev - RE: FW: [members] public review of SAML v2.0 spec

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: FW: [members] public review of SAML v2.0 spec

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: FW: [members] public review of SAML v2.0 spec
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:45:31 -0400

> Could you perhaps explain how Shibboleth fits with saml 2 Scott? The
> Browser* profiles seem to have gone. What profile does
> Shibboleth use in saml 2?

The browser profiles aren't gone (there's one new one, instead of two).

I can't really say anything definitively about Shibboleth because as of this
moment, the Shib spec is based on 1.1 (with a bit of metadata from 2.0
thrown in for easing transition).

I would speculate that the Shibboleth 2.0 spec *is* SAML 2.0, or at least a
significant chunk of it. It's more about what to take out than what's added.