shibboleth-dev - RE: AA encountering old cert......

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: AA encountering old cert......

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: AA encountering old cert......
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:04:49 -0400

> I would have assumed, tho, that the ldap server returned this
> cert.... I wouldn't have expected the java libraries to be presenting
> a client cert.....

That would be accurate. sclient would probably show you something. I usually
just use IE, which is a good dialog box to show you certs when you connect:

https://directory.cis-qas.brown.edu:636

The nice thing about SSL is you can pretend it's a web server until after
the handshake. ;-)

> /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -H ldaps://directory.cis-qas.brown.edu/ -b
> "dc=brown,dc=edu" -D "cn=stc_query,ou=special users,dc=brown,dc=edu"
> -w PASS brownnetid=steven_carmody
>
> does work....altho the ldapsearch doc makes no mention of ssl
> support....

Good thing, since they screwed it up. ;-) It's letting you connect to an
expired cert with no warning...