shibboleth-dev - syntax for IQ providerId values

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

syntax for IQ providerId values

  • From:
  • To: ,
  • Subject: syntax for IQ providerId values
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:04:11 -0400

We're probably about to begin registering some service providers within IQ. This will require the IQ administration to assign providerId values to these targets.... do people have thoughts on a default approach for developing these values?

the two obvious options are:

1) url values. The shibboleth.xml file in the current distribution uses this approach. eg https://example.org/shibboleth/target

2) urn's.

Since every providerId that a service provider wants to publish to the world will have to be in the Federation metadata, it might be worth exploring whether/how IQ Admin might be able to delegate the authority for assigning providerIds within specific name spaces....... its likely, tho, that we don't have to resolve this in the short term.....