shibboleth-dev - RE: distilling wisdom from shib-users

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: distilling wisdom from shib-users

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: distilling wisdom from shib-users
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:22:46 -0400

> with all the recent traffic on the shib-users list, are we seeing any
> patterns, any common mistakes, any issues we should document?

More people seem to be trying to test themselves and setup both ends, which
is great, but also bad because the files are so under-documented, but I
haven't seen anything common apart from some possible bugs in cert handling
I need to reproduce.

The most common errors are in the SSL connection, because the OpenSSL
messages I have are so poor. Replacing the OpenSSL validator with a better
instrumented PKIX version would probably be a big help.