shibboleth-dev - Re: Shib + SOAP notes, for today's shib-dev conf call

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shib + SOAP notes, for today's shib-dev conf call

  • From: Derek Morr <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , "'Marek Hatala'" <>, "'Ashok Shah'" <>
  • Subject: Re: Shib + SOAP notes, for today's shib-dev conf call
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:04:42 -0400

Scott Cantor wrote:

That's not really true. TLS is also specified for Kerberos, and probably
some other symmetric stuff, though I don't know for sure. In the case of a
browser, probably you can't do it, but I think OpenSSL supports Kerberos,
for example.

True, but every OpenSSL build I've seen has Kerb support disabled. Not that that's a huge problem, but people might have to install custom builds.

-derek

--
Derek Morr
Senior Systems Programmer