shibboleth-dev - RE: SHIB design call -- (5/17), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SHIB design call -- (5/17), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

  • From: "Jennifer Vine" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SHIB design call -- (5/17), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:38:41 -0700

>4) Additional discussion on Shib ARP GUI mockup (Jennifer)

We haven't looked at this page yet - building a custom ARP from scratch:
http://www.stanford.edu/~jvine/shibboleth/mockups/9/custom.html

A couple of things I need to verify:

- what did we decide about access control? I had asked if we could find
an easy way to associate a user with an "owner", and then allow/disallow
edit controls based on whether the current user is linked to the owner
of the service they're looking at. Someone said something about using
.htaccess files to control general access to the UI - does that
essentially mean "no" to my question?

- are we going to provide a UI for defining communities?
For example, according to one of our scenarios, "Chemistry department"
might be defined as "affiliation = student or faculty AND (department =
chemistry OR minor = chemistry OR current course enrollment =
chemistry)"
Early comment from Steven: "UI doesn't create this calculation, but may
be able to expose it"

Also, status of usability.

JV