shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth 1.2 general release timeframe?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth 1.2 general release timeframe?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth 1.2 general release timeframe?
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:41:10 -0400

Is there an expected timeframe for the general availability of Shibboleth
1.2 (both origin and target)? I could not find this information on
Internet2's website.

release candidates for both the origin and target for shib .2 have been posted to http://wayf.internet2.edu/shibboleth/ .

These seem to be very stable, and we're moving forward. I expect that we'll see a release of 1.2 within a week or so.

that said, v1.2 is currently known to crash under extremely heavy load, when running under Solaris; we do not have enuf data at this point to make any definitive statements about other platforms. We are working to identify this problem, and will post a fix as soon as we have it. This release is stable enuf to be used in pilot situations.