shibboleth-dev - Target RC3 posted

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Target RC3 posted

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Developers' <>
  • Subject: Target RC3 posted
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 16:39:16 -0400

Not to be left out, I've posted a new build also. The change is to the
configuration, in an attempt to make understanding the override behavior in
applications easier. I'm updating the target docs today.

If you have a configuration file already you need to modify, the steps are
just this:

- move the <CredentialUse> element above the <Policy> element
- remove the <Policy> and </Policy> tags

That's it, you just leave the stuff that was inside <Policy> in place. Note
that the attributes that were inside <Policy> are really not used much, they
default to false, and they're moved to the <Application> element if you did
need them to be true.

With that change, the override behavior is easier to follow. If you have an
<Application> element, you MUST include a <Sessions> element, all others are
optional and will be inherited from <Applications> except for <Audience>,
which you normally don't want to specify anyway except for compatibility
with 1.1.

-- Scott

  • Target RC3 posted, Scott Cantor, 05/01/2004