shibboleth-dev - A Case for Shibboleth and PKI

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

A Case for Shibboleth and PKI

  • From: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • To: "Shibboleth Developers" <>
  • Cc: "David H. Walker" <>
  • Subject: A Case for Shibboleth and PKI
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:31:54 -0700

Here I go tilting at windmills again.

Attached is a document that describes a case in which I think PKI identity certs bring extra value to Shibboleth. The case was brought to my attention by David Walker as a result of conversations with our campuses who are implementing Shib.

I'd love to know if the proposal makes sense or ... ;-)

Also, would someone with 802.1x knowledge expand upon whether there is a relevant layer 2 issue to be considered? I'm sure I don't have that right.

Thanks,
David

  • A Case for Shibboleth and PKI, David L. Wasley, 04/30/2004