shibboleth-dev - Re: comments on 1.2 origin deploy guide, one more item

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: comments on 1.2 origin deploy guide, one more item

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: comments on 1.2 origin deploy guide, one more item
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:52:43 -0400

I'm not sure that it is fair to say that "we don't recommend this". This is the way I run it myself, in fact. More generally, I don't think we should be in the business of making this kind of statement. My preference is that we say that the origin has been extensively tested under apache 1.3.x, but that there have been successful deploys under apache 2.x... with some caveats Probably Ok to mention the particular glitch, but that seems like long term that would be a better fit for a different document.

-Walter

On Apr 27, 2004, at 1:23 PM,

wrote:

section 3.a. -- perhaps we should explicitly mention the weirdness that happens if you were to try to run an AA behind apache 2..... and why we don't recommend this practice......