shibboleth-dev - The IBM paper on SAML exposures

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

The IBM paper on SAML exposures

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: The IBM paper on SAML exposures
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:04:30 -0500

FWIW, the long awaited IBM paper on holes in the SAML artifact profile. It
references Shib but doesn't bother mentioning we don't use the artifact
profile (yet). In any case, will be a topic of some discussion in the STTC.

http://www.acsac.org/2003/papers/73.pdf

I also liked the statement about Passport being the "first" browser-based
authn protocol. I built mine before that and I copied Illinois'. ;-)

-- Scott

  • The IBM paper on SAML exposures, Scott Cantor, 12/16/2003