shibboleth-dev - RE: Use case for origin independant groups of users

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Use case for origin independant groups of users

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Tom Barton' <>, 'Thomas Lenggenhager' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Use case for origin independant groups of users
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:28:44 -0500

> Does this use case really belong in the realm of virtual organization
> management systems? I think JISC is being funded to look into
> such matters.

Right, well, we certainly debated this at length at CAMP, as I recall. My
point at the time was that if we can't use this infrastructure we're
building to support this use case, we messed up somewhere. It seems to me
that once you stand up middleware on behalf of a "virtual" organization,
it's pretty darn real.

I would like to explore ways to facilitate the provisioning process for
entitlements across origin sites.