shibboleth-dev - NOTES: SHIB design call, monday (10/27), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

NOTES: SHIB design call, monday (10/27), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: NOTES: SHIB design call, monday (10/27), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:58:13 -0500

Phone #: (800) 541-1710
Pin #: 0142203

Agenda:

1) Current programming issues/questions

AI - get list of bug and enhancements since 1.1....

packaging and numbering for apache 2 functionality..... (and RH 9 )

At 3:19 PM -0500 10/27/03,

wrote:
2) Discuss the requirements for the native java target version, and develop a strategy for the initial implementation. To jumpstart the conversation, I'd like to use a paper written by Howard Gilbert of yale. It contains background information, and explores what it would mean to integrate CAS + Shib.

In the longer term, we're going to have to pay attention to how the code and functionality resulting from this project will fit into, will interact with, the more complex service environments we already see in the java world (and which we'll just see more of, over the next 24 months).

In the first stage, tho, I think we're interested in a somewhat simpler situation -- an implementation that's roughly comparable to the current apache one.

CAS is a centralized authn service, and is used with web based applications. It functions as an SSO service.info about CAS is available at http://www.yale.edu/tp/cas/ .

Howard's paper is available at:

http://stc.cis.brown.edu/~stc/Projects/Shibboleth/Version-2/Java/CAS3.htm

you've got to now both what you're going to do, and what you're NOT going to
do

lots of technologies out there... try to figure out how they'll play there

  • NOTES: SHIB design call, monday (10/27), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt, Steven_Carmody, 10/27/2003