shibboleth-dev - wayf machine, only partially restarted....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

wayf machine, only partially restarted....

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: wayf machine, only partially restarted....
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:26:22 -0500

the I2 sysadmins rebuilt the networks in AA this morning.... and the wayf machine doesn't seem to have restarted completely....

if I go to the sample target:

http://wayf.internet2.edu/shibboleth/sample.jsp

I get correctly redirected to the wayf page, select example edu, enter my userid etc, see the HS post page, and then get this displayed in my browser:

Inter-institutional Access System Failure

The inter-institutional access system experienced a technical failure.

Please email

and include the following error message:

Resource Manager failure at (http://wayf.internet2.edu/shibboleth/sample.jsp)

SAMLSOAPBinding::send() failed while contacting AA: Couldn't resolve host 'wayf.internet2.edu'

my assumption is that the restart scripts don't correctly restart everything......

can we restart this, and then get the scripts updated?