shibboleth-dev - Solaris status

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Solaris status

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Solaris status
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 04:12:16 -0500

I've gotten all of the code built on Solaris 8 with gcc 3.03, but I'm having
some problems with a crash in a logging call eventually
dying inside libc, so I think there's a bug in one of the gcc or Sun
libraries.

Sun is constantly patching libc, and I can't really update this box very
easily (it's in use), so I might try the latest gcc 3.2 and
see if that makes any difference.

When I got it working briefly on 2.6, I was using 3.04, which is admittedly
pretty small evidence, but I don't think wasting time on
an even older compiler makes sense.

Walter, any luck on your end?

  • Solaris status, Scott Cantor, 11/10/2002