shibboleth-dev - Reminder: shib design call today - 9/30, 3pm edt (another agenda item)

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Reminder: shib design call today - 9/30, 3pm edt (another agenda item)

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Reminder: shib design call today - 9/30, 3pm edt (another agenda item)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:29:10 -0400

usual logistics..

TODAY, 9/30, from 3-4 pm edt, 2-3 cst, 12-1 pst.

Phone #: 800-998-2462
Pin #: 5601277

Agenda:

- status update - beta versions

- from Scott:

What we have to do is to decide what we want to implement and scope the
work. Some of the things we have to decide:

- does the code properly handle the special default ARP?
- do we want to handle wildcarded SHARs or wait until post 1.0?
- what kinds of wildcards do we support for SHARs or URLs?
- do we enforce rules for format of SHAR names?
- do we enforce the fact that right now, only hostnames can delineate
policy because of the limitations on the target implementation that we
asked Derek to build?

Lastly, we need to make sure the deploy guide documents what we decide
to build and release, not what the architecture permits or describes.

Summing up, I believe we have something approximately within the bounds
of the arch doc. The fact that it doesn't implement every feature
*allowed* by that document doesn't mean it's wrong, obviously. It's a
subset.

I'll be in Atlanta speaking tomorrow, but I should be able to duck out
at 3:00 if there's a call, so I'll try to make it.