shibboleth-dev - Shib HS doing its own SSO?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shib HS doing its own SSO?

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Shib HS doing its own SSO?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:01:06 -0700 (PDT)

Scott:

I was looking back over your Shib-as-WebISO pitch at Adv CAMP and came
across this line:

Handle Service expected for Beta-1 should provide cookie-based SSO
across a replicated array of login sites, but still assumes
authentication is already done

This puzzles me. I guess I can understand why some kinds of local signon
might benefit from having Shib do this, but it makes me nervous to think
that the SHS would be introducing yet another cookie-based session,
distinct from the local SSO login session and any target-site session(s).
Can you say what you meant by this?

- RL "Bob"