shibboleth-dev - RE: Strange build problem

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Strange build problem

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Derek Atkins'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: Strange build problem
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:53:32 -0400

> HMM.. I wonder if this is an LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue?

Should only affect run time. The -L switches should of course point at
the libraries.

> The fact that I can't build it in my environment means there is
> something wrong somewhere (it could be my environment ;) I
> just can't imagine what. I've got Xerces-1.7.0; I've modified
> the Makefiles to find it. I can run with LD_LIBRARY_PATH but
> it still doesn't seem to help.

If it's a link problem, can you verify that you built (or are using a
build of) Xerces with the same compiler/linker? C++ isn't
linker-portable yet.

> Is there a SAML test app that I can build to make sure my
> saml library is working? Might as well start from first
> principles to track down this lossage.

Unfortunately, shibtest is the test program, though it uses the other
libs also. You could certainly strip code out of it and just try a
simple startup/close main().