shibboleth-dev - Re: ARP changes

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: ARP changes

  • From:
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: ARP changes
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:45:13 -0400 (EDT)

Walter,

I made all the changes that we talked about and I summerize it below. I
compiled and tested it but did not commit it to CVS. I am not sure if
this is the best time to introduce these changes as we are about to
release alpha 2.5 and I am leaving town. It might be better if I send you
the changed files and you check them in after the release is done or
should we wait till I come back.

Notice that these changes would require some changes in the GUI Arp util too.

Parviz

P.S. Here are the changes/improvements:

Changed ArpRepository class to take a "class name" and a "Properties
object" instead of repository type and a data string. This makes the
addition of new repository implementations completely dynamic. One can
write a different implementation for ARP repository (as long as it
implements ArpFactory Interface) and just pass in the name of the class in
the config file. Properties object is created from all of the servlet
config key-value pairs and is passed to the implementation. This way new
implementations can get configuration values which are set in servlet
config file.