shibboleth-dev - PKI abyss

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

PKI abyss

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: PKI abyss
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:29:18 -0400

Ok, I guess this isn't news, but we're going to need a PKI guide
entirely separate from the deploy guide to elucidate how all this works
for the sysadmins.

Part of this, I think, is going to be defining terms for people like PEM
vs. DER, how the keystores work, client vs server vs signing certs, etc.

Do we want to try and put something together before we distribute wider?