shibboleth-dev - Re: reminder - shib design call today - 7/8, 3 pm edt

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: reminder - shib design call today - 7/8, 3 pm edt

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: reminder - shib design call today - 7/8, 3 pm edt
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

Unfortunately I'm going to miss the call.

> 1) status reports -- alpha-2
>
> Last week, we upgraded the shibbolized reverse proxy here at Brown
> too use the alpha-2 code. (The proxy includes both origin and target
> side shib code.) That process turned up some glitches in the deploy
> package and the deploy guide, but those should be resolved at this
> point. (Actually, that process turned up relatively few problems --
> the install went smoothly -- for a "debug the deploy process"
> install!).

Just to note I never got anything running here. Mostly this was due to my
lack of time. Main real issues IMHO are the key/cert setup stuff which is
daunting. Among other things I sent my site params to the designated
email addr but never got an ack, so are they in or not?

> anything to prevent me from releasing alpha-2 TODAY to the first test
> sites?

Probly not, but if you're the only one who's tried it, Steven, then we
should be prepared for support questions.

> 3) Alpha-2.5 -- what do we expect it to include?
>
> access to the source
> arp management tools
> a real Club process

On this last point yes I think folks will want some quick turnaround on
registration as well as other support questions, so we should know how
this is going to happen.

- RL "Bob"