shibboleth-dev - Prepping for delivery

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Prepping for delivery

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Prepping for delivery
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 02:47:50 -0400

I spent some time getting things arranged on shib1 and updating the
configuration templates for final delivery.

I've added port 88 to the listproc Apache instance on shib1, and
tentatively suggest that we host the WAYF there along with the sites
registry, which I've now placed inside the warfile in the root
directory, so that it can be pulled from that web server. The WAYF reads
it in locally as well, so there's only one file to update to keep it all
in sync.

I then updated the web.xml files and templates to use
http://shib1.internet2.edu:88/shibboleth-target/sites.xml as their
registry source. We can add additional HTML content to that location as
well, if need be.

I corrected the Apache/tomcat connector to simplify the mounting of
servlets, and the WAYF is now located at:
http://shib1.internet2.edu:88/shibboleth-target/WAYF

I updated the WAYFLocation module commands on the shib1 sample targets
to point there and tested, and it works well.

We can put a sample target page on the port 88 server, and we'll leave
that server running as much as is practical.